In this episode of the ND Update we talk to Dr. Amy Rothenberg about what she did to build her practice and become successful as an Naturopathic Physician. Dr. Rothenberg along with her husband Dr. Paul Herscu have a practice in Enfield, CT. Together they teach homeopathy through the New England School of Homeopathy. You can find out more information about Dr. Amy here and check out her book with stories about naturopathic medicine here. In this episode we talk about:
- How to get patients through speaking
- Where the best places to speak are
- What to include in your speech
- Practicing with a spouse
- Why time away from your practice is important and how to manage that time away
- How to explore stress as a factor in health during a patient visit
- Managing patients getting multiple treatment modalities – how to know what is working
- Why it’s important to know how patients found your practice
- Things that every patient wants during their visit
- When to refer a patient
- Tips on learning while still in the clinic
- And more….
In the podcast I reference a post on the Huffington Post where Dr. Amy talks about her breast cancer diagnosis. That can be read here.
She also talks about a list of places to give a speech that can downloaded here.